Resources for learning about
Integrated Information Theory
Integrated information theory (IIT) is a theoretical framework for understanding consciousness developed by Giulio Tononi, MD, PhD, at the Center for Sleep and Consciousness at the University of Wisconsin–Madison.
- Integrated Information Theory 3.0
- Evolution of Integrated Causal Structures in Animats Exposed to Environments of Increasing Complexity
- The Intrinsic Cause-Effect Power of Discrete Dynamical Systems—From Elementary Cellular Automata to Adapting Animats
- Consciousness: here, there and everywhere?
- Scholarpedia Article
- The Integrated Information Theory of Consciousness: An Updated Account
Please consult the the repository's README for more information.
There is a visual interface to this code available on this website via the “Calculate Φ” tab above.
In addition, the source code itself is commented. Those familiar with Python are encouraged to read the code to better understand the details of the calculation.